Round Lampshade HEAD ONLY - E27 Ø 25 cm
Create sublime lampshades thanks to the superior quality single heads!
How to make a lampshade?
- 9 or 10 pongee per meter
- a carcass
- polyphane (double flexible plastic with an adhesive side)
- glue tape
- arasilk or marabu silk heat-set silk paint
- tube setting
The lampshade assembly is quite technical, but with a little patience and following the instructions, it is not complicated.
- Measure the length and width of your polyphane to do this, calculate the perimeter of your carcass, as a reminder: P = π x D. Then measure your width.
- Make a polyphane rectangle with these measurements , then, make a rectangle of silk, counting 1cm more on the contours.
- Fix your silk to a notched frame with 3-point thumbtacks.
- Draw the pattern of your choice on the pre-set then paint your silk with the arasilk paint.
- Once dry, iron your silk for 5 min so that the color sets on the silk.
- Glue your silk to the polyphane. To do this, remove the protective film little by little and carefully apply the silk, taking care not to crease.
- Now that your polyphane is ready, you can stick it on your carcass. To do this, glue a width of your rectangle of polyphane using the glue tape, then wrap the end around the metal carcass.
- Glue the 2 lengths and roll up your carcass.
- Create a clean edge on the width by gluing the edge and folding the fabric over the glue. Then glue the edge with the opposite edge.
- Fold back the protruding tang encompassing the metal structure to achieve a beautiful finish of your lampshade. In order to avoid small "waves", you can also notch your fabric before folding it back.
- Congratulations, you have made a great custom lampshade!
- Circle head only
- Several Diameter available
- E27 socket
- Returned 2.5 cm
- White paint
Need more information about this product?
Our team is at your disposal by email or by phone!